You may submit your book to us for potential review if it was published within either the last 90 days or it has not yet been released. We do not guarantee that we will review books submitted under our General Submission program. Books received will be placed on the available books list sent out to reviewers every 2 weeks until the book reaches 90 days past its on-sale date. At that point, if it has not been selected for review, we will cancel the book from our system.
- Advanced Reader Copies (ARCs)
- eBooks (all formats, including PDF)
- Printed books
YOU MAY ASK YOURSELF…
So, what are the chances of my book being selected for review?
We only review 40% of the books sent to us.
Last year, we received more than 4,600 books for consideration. We have a team of about 100 adult reviewers and 50 children reviewers for Kids’ BookBuzz. Self-published books also have an uphill battle, as many of our reviewers lean towards publishers they’ve enjoyed books from before. That’s not to say we don’t support indie authors.
We are selective of what books we choose to accept for potential general review. Things that increase your chance of acceptance:
- Having a professionally designed cover.
- Attractively formatted interior.
- If you’ve provided us with a sell-sheet and your contact information.
- Is your book close to having been on sale for 90 days already? The sooner you sent us a book, the longer it will stay on our available books list. Books that are received too close to the 90-day cut-off won’t even be checked in.
If you really want to make sure we review your book…
Please note: If you send us a book for general submission that is more than 90 days past its on-sale date, we won’t even enter it into our database. If your book is past 90 days of its release date, please consider our Sponsored Review program.
We do not return books sent to us.
How to Mail Us a Printed Book
If you would like to snail mail us your book, please send two copies to our office (address listed below). If you have an electronic file of your book, please go use the form below to upload your eBook file.
If you answer YES to these questions, you may submit your book to us for General Review consideration:
- Your book was published in the last 90 days or will be coming out soon.
- You understand we are not guaranteeing that we will review your book.
Mail TWO Books To:
City Book Review
3201 Norris Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95821
How to Submit Your eBook For Review Consideration
If you’d like to send us your eBook file, please fill out the form below. There is a field that will allow you to upload your book file. DO NOT use this form if you want a Sponsored Review.