Author of The Hometown All Stars book series
Kevin had an outdated website that he wanted to freshen up a bit. He had previously worked with a PR firm for managing his social media but wanted to take it a few steps further by actively targeting his core audience for the new book he had coming out in the series. We proposed coding his website for search engine optimization (SEO), as well as doing off-site, long-tail SEO and targeted advertising.
WEBSITE REDESIGN ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Created style guide
- Modernized the website to current standards
- Wrote much of the content on the new website
- Created author appearances page
- Revitalized his blog
- Added book reviews page and accolades ticker
- Brought his training and book overview videos to the forefront
- Highlighted three new Resources guides he wrote
- Designed all three of his Resources book covers
- Tied his new Shop page into his existing POS
When we first started Kevin’s project in January 2018, he was just finishing up writing three resources booklets aimed at baseball coaches, parents, and fundraising as well as getting ready to launch Amira Can Catch in April 2018. We formatted the interior text and designed his book covers. We’re also doing targeted Facebook ads to sell these resource booklets since installing a Facebook pixel on his website that identifies Kevin’s visitors’ likes.
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Started posting to Twitter and Google+, which were two outlets previously untargeted.
- Installed a Facebook pixel to his website to track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to qualified leads.
- Began targeted advertising on Facebook in June 2018.