Girls and Their Cats
By BriAnne Wills
Girls and Their Cats showcases 50 strong, independent, and artistic women who take the world in stride with their beloved felines.
This stunning book redefines what it means to be a “cat lady” through striking portraits and engaging profiles of each woman and her cat—or cats.
Interspersed throughout are amusing lists any cat lady will find relatable, from “How to Catproof Your Home” to “The Chorus of Cat Sounds,” as well as an adoption resource guide and a list of rescue organizations in the United States and Canada.
• Includes heartwarming stories about each woman and her furry friend, as well as fun facts
• Celebrates the powerful bond between a girl and her cat, proving that we need them just as much as they need us
• Based on the popular Instagram @girlsandtheircats, which has been featured on Buzzfeed, Refinery29, The Daily Mail, and more
For the authors—BriAnne Wills, New York City fashion and beauty photographer, and Elyse Moody, senior editor at Martha Stewart Living—the “crazy cat lady” stereotype is a myth.
Girls and Their Cats includes inspirational ladies like Hannah Shaw, founder of the neonatal kitten rescue project Kitten Lady, Christene Barberich, cofounder of Refinery29, and Alyssa Mastromonaco, Crooked Media podcast host and reproductive rights activist.
• Great for cat lovers, feminists, fashion enthusiasts, photography buffs, interior designers, and anyone who loves a good animal-human friendship
• Features a vibrant cover and a gorgeous faux-suede spine, making it a beautiful coffee table book or deluxe gift
• Add it to the shelf with books like Shop Cats of New, The French Cat, Tiny But Mighty, The Lion in Your Living Room, and In the Company of Women: Inspiration and Advice from over 100 Makers, Artists, and Entrepreneurs by Grace Bonney